What we do
- why it is still prevalent
- how it can be cured.
- how RLT supports ex-leprosy patients who cannot lead independent lives.
Click on Ex-patients to appreciate
- that with help even those left with disabilities can lead an active life in the Kindwitwi community.
- how it serves as the first port of call for the community
- how RLT provides medicines to Kindwitwi and the surrounding area
- about the mother and child care facilities.
- the efforts RLT makes to discover and treat early leprosy sufferers in the whole Rufiji region
- what RLT is doing to change the stigma attached to leprosy
- the difficulties of administering the necessary long-term treatment of leprosy.
- how everyone is involved daily in growing their own food
- how the help that RLT gives to the local subsistence-farmers empowers the community towards independence.
Click on Education to understand
- the importance of education to the future well-being of the Kindwitwi community.
- the depth of our commitment to the whole of the Kindwitwi area